Search This Blog

Saturday 28 December 2013

My first prepping handbook

By John Hicks of The Health Kicks Show on UK Health Radio


My daughter Chelsea-Anne thoughtfully gave me my first handbook on prepping - and I welcome this opportunity to share details with you as it is a very good starting point.

The book is called "The Doomsday Prepping Crash Course" by Patty Hahne and published by Skyhorse Publishing Inc.

I found it an easy read and a useful beginner's guide to being prepared for any event so I often return to it for tips and ideas as I develop my own personal emergency survival plan.

I was surprised that Chelsea bought me this book as, being a teenager, she finds my passion for such things as stocking-up on tins of foods and buying a generator slightly amusing. But she knew that it was something of great interest to me and I am hopeful that there is a begrudging acceptance in her mind that disaster can strike any of us, anywhere in the world, at any time. I certainly do not want her to be worried but I would like to think that she too will go on to have a plan in place when she comes to have a family of her own.

I explain to her that it is like having a car breakdown insurance policy or a life insurance policy. We all try and afford one, even if just a basic plan, but hope we never have to use it.

Patty Hahne's book is a good first step in being prepared.





Join John Hicks every week on UK Health Radio, your local radio station, iTunes or Podbean for The Health Kicks Show - follow the links on www.health-kicks.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment